Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mighty Mao!!! 048

Photobucket
Dear Loyal Arborciders,

If you're anything like me, you've had enough of politics this election season, and more than enough of people telling you who you should vote for. If you are in fact in that position, I'm sorry in advance for throwing my heap of horseshit onto your already overflowing pile.

 I don't vote for corporate political parties anymore. I've never voted for a Democratic or Republican Presidential candidate. For a while I'd almost always vote Democrat when it came to the Legislative branch, or for local offices. That was until a family member of mine had an unpleasant encounter with congressman Ed Perlmutter, who proved himself to be a gargantuan fucking asshole, and maybe worse, an incredibly bad tipper. Ed helped me realize that no matter what political affiliation one has, when one is rich it's nearly impossible for one to not be a failure of a human being.

So now I vote third party, no matter what, or I don't vote.

This election year has been particularly nasty and ignorant. Enduring this cycle has compelled me to create two short 3rd party propaganda comics. The purpose of these is not to sway you to vote for one particular candidate, but to inform you that there are in fact other choices out there. None of these candidates will win this year (duh), but I encourage you to visit their websites and examine their philosophies for yourself. Some of them paint the image of an America I'd like to be a part of one day. Maybe if enough of us stop swallowing what we're fed every four years, that America could actually become a reality.

I should note that there is no reference to the American Constitution party in this comic, nor in the other one.  The primary reason for that is I ran out of room.  The secondary reason is no one who patronizes my comics could possibly be down with what the American Constitution party stands for (which is all sorts of Jesus stuff).  So they exist too, if you're into that kind of thing, and you can learn more about them on the internets.

In case you're wondering, I'll be voting for either Jill Stein or Rocky Anderson. I haven't decided for certain which yet. It's too important a decision to rush. I hope you enjoy this first propaganda cartoon, done just for you in full color, with maddest of love. Look for the second one next Saturday.

 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: