Saturday, September 10, 2011

Zombie Supermodel 043: Real Hollywood Story Part Two

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Good Stuff
Comic Recommendations from your ol' pal Mister V

Low Moon by Jason
Fantagraphics
Photobucket

For me, Jason's approach to storytelling was an acquired taste. I didn't quite know what to make of his minimalistic art, slow paced story lines, or hijacking of established characters (or actual people transformed into characters, for that matter). Yet throughout the years I keep coming back to his works, and every time I read another of his books I like them more. Low Moon is so far my favorite; a collection of short pieces, each intricate and engrossing. In particular, I'm finding myself enamored by each story's subtle surrealism. Each reality is so like our own, but with a few odd twists Jason rends the world into one seen only in dreams. On the surface these tales look simple, but once read one quickly discovers each story has a depth that knows no bottom.

Killing Velazquez by Philippe Girard
Conundrum Press
Photobucket

A truly chilling autobiographical tale of a man's experience with a pedophile priest. The simplistic art may not be much to look at, but the harrowing tale of survival and sexual abuse is one that will haunt you for days after you've read it. A little on the pricey side, but well worth it.

Photobucket

Haven't downloaded my new album yet? What the crap are you waiting for?!
Click here to get Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

READ THE MANY MIGHTY WORKS OF MISTER V!

Don't forget to visit THE BUY MISTER V A DRINK FOUNDATION!

.

No comments: