Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mighty Mao!!! 038

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today marks the end of an era for myself, the great city of Lakehood, and for comic book lovers all across Colorado. After 17 years of business, Atlantis Comics will be closing its doors forever. I've been shopping at Atlantis since I was 13 years old. I rode my bike 6 miles to get there, and bought two Captain America comics (from the "Capwolf" storyline, if you can believe that shit).

I owe a great debt to Atlantis, and more importantly to Rod, the store's owner and founder. Rod not only carried a mammoth selection of small press books (mine included), but he recommended many influential titles to me that, in any other setting, I wouldn't have given a second glance. If not for Rod, I'm not even certain I'd even be READING comics today, let alone making them myself.

So from the bottom of my heavy heart, thank you Rod and Atlantis Comics for everything you've done for good ol' Mister V. Colorado, the comic book industry, and everyone involved in said industry has lost a major ally.

READ THE MANY MIGHTY WORKS OF MISTER V!

Don't forget to visit THE BUY MISTER V A DRINK FOUNDATION!

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to Rod!

Coleen V.

Roddy said...

Now I'M going to cry. Thanks for all the great years, V. Every visit was a pleasure and joy.