Saturday, December 5, 2009

Junkie Monkey 028

Photobucket

One of my favorite new phenomenons at work is crochety old folks complaining about healthcare reforms. Of course I have to remain mute on the subject to them, as it might cost me my job to blurt out I know five friends and members of my immediate family who would greatly benefit from government healthcare, no matter how half-assed it may be. Anyhoo, from these folk it's all "the government wants us to die" and "this plan is going sap my social security" and so on, and they hurl these comments at me in a righteous, all-knowing rage, like they're read the 2000+ page currently being drecked through in the senate and only they understand the drastic ramifications it will have on the country. I'm forced to listen to these tiraids, and at some point steer them back to the matter of signing a few necessary documents, and I'll be damned if not a single senior I've encountered knows what day it is. Most of them don't know the month. A few of them don't know the year. Gotta love the mentality of absolute ignorace to everday common knowledge, but dammit all I know 100% what the government needs to do.

Remember kids: the Buddah tells us that life is suffering, but to participate joyfully in the pointlessness. If you don't you'll come back as a tapeworm or some shit.

JUNKIE MONKEY ARCHIVES

Don't forget to visit THE BUY MISTER V A DRINK FOUNDATION!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, the Buddah didn't say that shite.
-Siddarfa